Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Day Three

Well, I sit here in my room on day three listening to some Led Zeppelin and drinking a Disaronno on the rocks because i have friends that seem to leave me hanging alot...2 of them said oh yeah we will hang out...well i called them and none are around...i ate lunch in my hotel room by myself...on my way back, the vice president of our west coast division sees me walking and pulls over...shes like didn't anyone tell you we are going to lunch...nooooope...so i hop in and drive with her to a restaurant where the rest of our SF office is at...so i had two lunches...but still..i left work at 4 because i wanted to go around town...$30 later after taking a taxi to and from amoeba records im back in my hotel with some new records...well they aren't new...they are used...i take that back...one is new the other three are old. As you may know I am a huge Beatles fan so

I bought

Beatles 1967-1970 (Vinyl)







The Beatles Again (Rare Mint Vinyl)








As well as a limited edition Vinyl by Paul McCartney (Live at Amoeba Records in Hollywood). Only a certain amount were pressed

and a Woody Herman Big Band collection that my Grandpa has been wanting for sometime now. I got him the original vinyls! Nice

Yes I love vinyl...it has a nice crisp sound and I do have a record player

2 comments:

the mama said...

Vinyl?? were you even born when vinyl was still around?

sorry you have flakey friends.

birdman said...

me love the vinyl too - I still have lots (sadly not all) from my punk rock youth and so much of that is so hard to replace - just to small time or rare.

See -back at the merc that was never an issue. For as much as the merc has it problems - the people are not one of them... when you find the right people (us!!) you know you have good friends!