Tuesday, July 10, 2007

My 90th Post

On this nice humid day in Southern California, my 90th post has came upon us....It could have been more but I am just lazy...

This post is dedicated to the Birdman who is constantly making fun of my Carribeanerness.

I am a huge fan of the food network and yes I love to cook. In fact my next house is going to have a Viking Stove with a grill...

Well one of my favorite shows on the Food Network is called unwrapped. Last nights episode was dedicated to spicy things and one of those on the list was Beans. Refried Beans in fact. My wife always gets on my case because I love me the Rosarita Refried Beans.


In the episode it showed how the makers of the beans purchase the pinto beans, rinse them out to get any rocks out of the batch and then slowly cook them. Then then put them into this huge masher and actually have a level of mashing that they do! Then then run the mashed beans from a machine into another which puts the beans into a can and seals them up. The canned beans are then put into a heater type compression machine that gives the beans a 7 year shelf life! That's freakin incredible. 7 years!

Watch unwrapped as well as The Next Food Network Star. My pick JAG is still in the final 3 woohoo!

3 comments:

the mama said...

You are a carribeaner and you eat Rosarita beans?!?!?! Isn't that a sin or something???

I like Ace of Cakes and Good Eats... I watch Food Network all the time. I hate Paula Dean, they way she talks gets on my nerves.

birdman said...

Love food network too - unwrapped is a cool show.

Paula Dean must be shot.

Iron Chef KICKS ASSS!!!

and man o man - if you are a chef like you claim to be, you dont buy canned beans - come on!!!

You need to make them fresh.

Black Beans are the best by the way - my wifey makes some good black beans!!!

the mama said...

remember when mark summers was on double dare??

I do like Iron Chef... it has alton brown and it is amazing what they can do with the special ingrediant.

Homemade beans are the best - my grandma (who was not Mexican) made the best ever. I miss her!!

Of course you like Giada - her boobs are perky and she never goes a show without ample cleavage.