Thursday, September 27, 2007

Hey There!

Ahhh...My first week at the new job is almost complete and I have to say...I wish I was back at the M....Sike!

Man I love my new job...The people and atmosphere is so different than the M (not you Birdman). Damn it is nice to finally feel respected and feel like an adult rather than a daycare center where someone is watching over you the entire time you are working. My Manager was down from San Fran for a training course down here, came in and shook my hand...Hell he wanted to take a few of us out to dinner on my first day...My former teacher who is now my Director is freakin happy to see me there working cause he knows the potential that I can bring. He knows my interest for this field. I am also getting put through some advanced forensic courses, as well as a certification that is recognized around the world.

Free Coffee...Arrowhead water....and popcorn....

Get this...I felt guilty for leaving at 5:15pm...why...because I am so used to people saying are you leaving already!?!? Stick around for a 6pm deployment..No more of those days...and when I do have to stay super late...thats fine cause I really enjoy doing this work.

If you love what you do...you will never have to work 1 day in your life...

Take care

3 comments:

the mama said...

AWESOME!

How do you like that 210 at 5pm??

Really happy for you...it sounds like you made the right decision. Don't look back. Just keep doing what you love to do.

Hey - I get free Diet Coke (soda) at my work!!

birdman said...

i get free coffe and tea but only becasue we are in a rental office!! I'll take it.

Sounds great for you - glad you like the new job - kick ass!!!

The Wrider said...

Happy to hear you are doing so well and liking your new job!!! :-)