Monday, November 10, 2008

Hardcore Rave in the Sky

I just found out today that a DJ i used to look up to and was inspired by passed away. Jeff Besler aka DJ Tron from Chicago passed away doing what he loved best, in his studio preparing for a DJ set here in Los Angeles...He was 34.

I got into the underground Rave scene back in 1996. Tron (Torturous Rage of Noise) was one of the first DJ's I heard of. Known for his harder, darker, and extremely fast genre of Techno music, he was a huge inspiration for me to begin mixing what is known as Hardcore / Gabber underground music.

One of my best memories of him was a Rave in 1999 called Oracle. This rave was held in 3 different buildings in downtown Pomona with the Hardcore Techno room being held at Yesteryears night club. Tron was spinning an insane set. Picture the room about 100 x 100 feet. Two of the four walls had speakers from the ground to the ceiling with the dj booth in the middle. The crowd was the most insane I had ever seen. Speedcore at its finest with Tron going back to back with Delta 9, another famous Hardcore Techno dj. This was the first time that they had played together that I could remember. It was a fun night that ended with some bruised legs and ringing ears. Thanks Tron for the memories and inspiration. You will not be forgotten!




0 comments: