Friday, May 18, 2007

Social D





Social Distortion (Social D) has came out with a new tune called Far Behind. The song seems to be talking about leaving old friends behind. I'm not Mike Ness so I'm not sure if he means Drugs, or does he really mean friends. Whatever the case is I love the song. It does have a bit of a more pop chorus line but its a feel good track. Birdman doesn't like the chorus though and for that I give you a big BOOOOOOOO! I can't wait to see them some around so cal in a small tour.

This morning I heard Bean talk about a movie called King of Kong, a documentary on the guy who scored the highest points ever in a Donkey Kong game. For some reason it sounded fascinating so I looked into it and there really is a movie. Unfortunatly I have to work this weekend and probably next so I won't be able to see this flick for a few weeks but I'm going to.

2 comments:

the mama said...

I haven't heard it yet - the song. I will have to listen before I can give an opinion.

You guys need to be done with NextGen already.

Bean has some eclectic taste. That movie should be weird just like him. Do miss his blog though - it was eclectic and I could use a Tater Friday.

birdman said...

I did not say I did not like it - just very pop oriented especially the chorus - but it is probably due to the fact I have listened to them since I was a kid - I bought Mommy's Little Monster on vinyl fer cryin oot loud!! I am partial to the old punk sound I guess