Tuesday, June 26, 2007

What did you do Benoit....

I used to be a huge wrestling fan and even did behind the scene wrestling news for a website which included me being a co-host of a weekly nationwide radio show. We actually interviewed Chris Benoit a few years back and he was one of the nicest guests we ever had. Something obviously made Chris Benoit snap to kill his wife and child then commit suicide. I'm not sure what it was but he knew what he was going to do. If you watched the tribute show on RAW last night (before it was announced Murder-Suicide), you will see that Chavo Guerrero (nephew of the late Eddie Guerrero) mentions that before Chris Benoit left to go aid his "ill" family, he told Chavo, "I love you Chavo". This to me seemed like it was a final farewell. Why would he tell Chavo that? I told my wife that I bet you it was Benoit who killed his wife and kid then himself. Sure enough an hour later I read the headlines and thats what it was.

The Distict Attorney for Fayetteville county also mentioned in a briefing that the killings were a little bizarre. Not sure what this means either...

WWE.COM is also already taking down the merchandise of Chris Benoit and the tributes are sure to come down quickly as well.

3 comments:

birdman said...

not to sound to much like a dick but... why should there be any tribute to a man who killed his wife and kid then himself.. . i am sorry - he is an ass - I dont care if he snapped- whatever the hell that means - he did a real shitty thing and should not have tributes etc. done in his honor - there is no honor. like you said - he sounded like he knew what he was going to do ahead of time - that is planning - I dont lie wrestling but I hope they remove him entirely from everything - that would be the right thing to do

OK RANT DONE

the mama said...

totally agree with you on that... no tribute for a murderer. he killed his kid. it makes my stomach turn. there are too many men (and women) killing there families. scary, scary times.

the mama said...

what makes me more mad and upset about this is that his son was mentally disabled (Fragile X). I read about that yesterday and I was filled with rage... I hope he is rotting in hell.