Wednesday, July 19, 2006

A break up and a beat down

I'm not sure what she was talking about but the lady that sits behind me just said, "I want something ooie and gooie". I wouldn't have mind if she was younger but shes pushing 70 years old. Gross.

What's going on jerks?

Funny story of the day comes from Florida. I swear Florida has some of the most odd ball stories i've ever heard. This guy allegedly tries to rob a man returning home from work at 10pm. The man being robbed runs into his house, his clothes being ripped by the attacker. The attacker runs after him who in turn is attacked by the homeowners family. The man's wife jumped on the attackers back while their 13 year old daughter knocks him in the head with a plastic chair and ties him with jump rope until the cops arrive. How weak must this attacker been? Getting choked out by a wife along with being beaten and tied by a 5 foot tall 13 year old girl? Come on! Vince McMahon, hire these broads to wrestle for ya.


I am a bit disappointed right now. Two of my favorite bands are apparently going on a "break" of sorts. The two bands; Audioslave and System of a Down.

From what I have been able to gather, Audioslave's lead singer Chris Cornell has left the rest of his band behind after making their third album together. For those who are unfamiliar with who Audioslave is, they are 3 of the 4 members of the band formerly known as Rage Against the Machine. Kevin of the Los Angeles' 106.7 KROQ's Kevin and Bean show allegedly broke up the band telling Tom Morello (lead guitarist), you are so good you can make your own band, or something really similar to that. A few days later, the band breaks up. The other side of Audioslave is former Soundgarden vocalist Chris Cornell. He recently got re-married and had a new baby which is more than likely why he is leaving the band; this will give him more time to spend with his family.

System of a Down on the other hand is taking a break from each other. Lead guitarist Daron has said that he wants to pursue other side projects he is working on. Serj (vocalist) has his own side project as well with Audioslave's guitarist Tom Morello called Axis of Justice. Bassist Shavo has been known for djing at underground parties spinning up his flavor of Drum n Bass and the drummer John, I don't know what he's going to do.

1 comments:

The Wrider said...

You are indeed a plethora of information when it comes to musicians and the bands they plan in. I'd ask where you get all your scoop from but I'd much rather just read your blog. It's easier and I don't have to do any of the digging myself. I can't believe you totally made fun of my current favorite song ... "Best Move". The guitar rifs in that song alone might (and I really emphasize 'might') even impress The Birdman. Nah, I doubt it... To each his own, I guess. That's what makes this country so great!