Friday, July 21, 2006

Feeling Bloggy

I knew from the get go today was going to be a bad day when I saw two things on the freeway. First while driving on the 60 freeway, I saw a hearse. Now, this was no ordinary hearse....it was fixed up. The top of the car where they usually carry the body was chopped and rails were put around it. It looked like one of those double decker buses you see in london.

Secondly and by far the scariest........an asian driving school car...those of you folks that know what I'm talking about can agree with me, the only thing worse than an asian driver is an asian driving school.


It is finally Friday and I can't wait for this weekend. My fiance and I have an appointment tomorrow to do something for our wedding. I can't remember what it is though...I will probably do yard work around the house and hopefully buy a lawnmower. My backyard is starting to look like swampland.And finally on Monday, it is my 25th birthday and I will celebrate by going to the beach with my girl.

Here is some food for thought; Did you know that Pork Butt Steak does not actually come from a pigs behind? It actually comes from the meaty part of the pigs shoulder.

The heat and humidity is back on in the lovely smog filled city of Riverside. I really need to try and stay home to enjoy our house. Since having it, I've been on the run and haven't had the chance to soak in the homeowner experience.

You know, my Fiance bought a 26" flat screen television from a Circuit City. Within a month it broke and I've been waiting two damn months for it to get fixed. It took 1 month for the service tech to come out, 1 month for the part to be delivered. Well the part isn't here yet and I called Circuit City customer support. I got transferred to 5 different people who probably have a junior high school education, and after the 5th transfer, I got disconnected. Don't buy anything from CC jerks!

Last I would like to thank fellow Blog reader and co-worker Birdman for the tip on getting my guitar pick out of my acoustic. I finally got it out last night! Birdman also hooked me up with some killer graphics for this site which I will be posting up very soon.

Interesting fact Robert Franklin Stroud the original Birdman of Alcatraz. He never kept birds while at Alcatraz. He used to raise and sell birds prior to being transferred there which is how he got his nickname. There was a "birdman" character that was the focus of an episode of Gilligan's Island where Gilligan found a homing pigeon. He wrote a rescue note and ended up going to this "Birdman" who was in jail that raised birds. The "birdman" thought it was his friend who he communicated with on a regular basis sending rescue jokes and never took one of the notes seriously.

3 comments:

That Guy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
That Guy said...

Nice blog Pal. You just might rate a link off of the official center of the blog-o-sphere: That Guy's blog. We'll see... :-)

Silvia said...

I recommend making your large electronic purchases at Costco from here on out and not just because I work there! Save the receipt and it remains your lifetime warranty! Money back like that! :) What could be better?