Monday, July 24, 2006

The Return of a Pal, Blah on Superbowl halftime shows

I was really excited today; not only was it my birthday but I had a return of a Pal. That's right PAL bubblegum. I found it at a local store here in Riverside which I will keep a secret because I don't want anyone else whoring in on my stash. PAL was a favorite treat of mine and I couldn't wait each year until Halloween because that was the only time I would see PAL bubblegum. The flavor doesn't last long so its always wise to pop two in at once. After reading some about PAL online, I don't know whether or not to be excited. According to this site, PAL bubblegum has been discontinued. Either I found a store that still carries them, or I need to visit a doctor pronto.


Prince will be the 2007 halftime entertainment for this years Superbowl.

::Ring Ring::
Hello?
Hi, 2007? This is 1986, we want Prince back.

Jeez, Well at least last year they had Paul McCartney. Who's with me on some Metallica performing?

How crappy is this? Monopoly a favorite game board for many generations is getting rid of the Monopoly Money and bringing in.....wait for it.....a Debit Card. Complete B.S.! Better go out and buy an original before it's too late. And pay with cash.

Today's funny Florida story comes from the town of Cantonment. A teen was playing poker online when
he was struck by lightning that went through his computer. Yeah buddy, poker online?

Parents not home? Check
High Speed Internet? Check
Lightning Storm? Check
Right Hand? Check

Sorry PAL (see how I referenced the PAL bubblegum) but it sounds like the only poker you were playing was Pocket Poker. The reason the lightning ran through your right hand is because you had a flush that left your hand a little moist....Ya Pussy

4 comments:

That Guy said...

What's "Pocket Poker"?

ninjunkie951 said...

its like pocket pool but poker...argh i don't know I got confused and just realized it till right now.

The Wrider said...

First of all, I have no idea what PAL gum is, but I second the notion you might want to see a Dr.

Secondly, are they just hard up for Super Bowl entertainment? Are all of their 1st, 2nd, and so on choices saying, "Uhmmmm, no, sorry. Can't do it. Gotta wash my guitar strings." I mean, don't get me wrong - I like Prince. But to me the Super Bowl speaks of rock bands and yes, country artists. I say combine acts like they did a few years ago when they had Aerosmith, some Rap group and Kid Rock.

Lastly, Monopoly is a favorite around our house. When our kids were smaller we used to have a 'game day'. We would set up and play Monopoly for 24 hours. If you were out, you could go do whatever you wanted until the next game started up. The rules for the 24 hours was you could eat and drink whatever you wanted and sleep whenever you wanted to. It was pretty fun. JFYI-we have MANY editions of the game (Marines, Arizona and Alaska). I just don't get the debit card thing...Speaking of board games, do any of you remember the game called PO-KE-NO?

D.O.M. Dan said...

I'd be happy with Metallica or any other rock band performing halftime. I think the organizers are looking for more of a universal appeal - and I'm not saying Price is the answer. With such a huge audience, someone is not going to be happy with the halftime act regardless of who it is.